Posted on August 27, 2014 by Meghan Damico
Catch up on our latest on-demand webinars from this past month:
“Wireless Solutions for M2M, Security/Surveillance, and Temporary Data Networks”
- Learn how cellular wireless routers can be a reliable and cost-effective alternative for Internet or WAN/VPN access compared to POTS, DSL, and cable modem technologies.
- Explore how cellular routers can support the necessary interface types, environmental requirements, and protocols associated with remote SCADA applications.
- Understand how 4G cellular wireless routers support the throughput and latency requirements for backhauling security/surveillance video.
- Learn how to quickly set up temporary, mobile networks in field applications, such as sporting events, outdoor gatherings, and digital signage installations.
“KVM Outside of the Data Center”
- Acquire a high-level understanding of the KVM technology solutions spectrum. Understand the market forces that are shaping the need for KVM technologies in different industries.
- Understand the thought process behind selecting a KVM technology for a specific application scenario.
- Understand the return-on-investment benefits that KVM solutions can provide.
Filed under: Broadcast and Media, High-Performance KVM | Tagged: cellular wireless routers, KVM switch, kvm technology, M2M, Security, temporary data networks, wireless routers | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 5, 2014 by Meghan Damico
HDBaseT is a connectivity standard for distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content. HDBaseT technology converges full HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable, and various control signals through a single LAN cable. This is referred to as 5Play™, a feature set that sets HDBaseT technology above the current standard.
HDBaseT delivers full HD/3D and 2K/4K uncompressed video to a network of devices or to a single device (point-to-point). HDBaseT supports all key HDMI 1.4 features, including EPG, Consumer Electronic Controls (CEC), EDID, and HDCP. The unique video coding scheme ensure the highest video quality at zero latency.
As with the video, HDBaseT audio is passed through from the HDMI chipset. All standard formats are supported, including Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio.
HDBaseT supports 100Mb Ethernet, which enables communications between electronic devices including televisions, sound systems, computers, and more. Additionally, Ethernet support enables access to any stored multimedia content (such as video or music streaming). Continue reading
Filed under: IT Infrastructure, ProAV | Tagged: 100Mb Ethernet, HD video, HDBaseT, HDBaseT Alliance, RS-232 | Leave a comment »