We’re experienced at putting users in touch with a digital signage solution that fits their needs. To be sure you’re matched to the right platform, we highly recommend speaking with us by phone (1-877-877-2269). But before you call, we advise you to try and answer as many questions as possible below, and check off what features you think you might need:
- How many screens do you intend to have?
- Will the screens have the same or different content?
- How many locations, and what are the distances to these locations?
- Who is the audience who will be viewing the signage? Customer, employees, visitors, or all of these groups?
- What information do you want to communicate? Advertising, current information (new, weather, internal data), personalized message (“Welcome, Mr. Smith”), instructions (directions, schedules)?
- What is the purpose of this installation? Selling a product or service, informing an audience (wayfinding), entertaining the viewer (i.e. those waiting in line), reinforcing a theme?
- What existing media assets do you want to redeploy? Web information, system data (inventory or production numbers), existing ads (video, print, Web formats), and/or live TV feeds?
- Where does information come from, and from how many contributors? Do multiple people/departments need to submit information, and if so, where are they located? Who is the “owner” of information? Are third-party suppliers involved (for instance, an ad agency?)
- How often will this information be updated? Constant updates (system status, live messages, etc.) or periodic updates (for instance, video files with low refresh cycles)?
- What types of displays will be required? What sizes, resolutions, and screen orientations?
- How will the monitors and digital signage players be mounted? On the ceiling, wall, floor, or in a rack?
For more tips on planning your digital signage application, visit our Digital Signage Microsite.